Wintering the Towpath Hike
Shake off those winter blahs at Metroparks award-winning Wintering the Towpath, the best winter hike in the region on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Stunning views of the Maumee River await those hiking the 5 miles from Providence to Bend View. Board a shuttle bus back to Providence for more winter fun; chili, s’mores, hot chocolate and beer (we do check IDs). Stroll over to the Isaac Ludwig Mill to see artisan's at their craft. The first 400 to check-in before the hike will receive a collectible commemorative gift.
Want to go extreme? Join our Metroparks staff on guided hike of 10 miles. Wintering Extreme 10-miler starts at 8:30 a.m., Registration for 10-mile begins at 8 a.m.
Pre-registration is encouraged but not required (you may register onsite the day of the event for either option). Registration fee supports upkeep/maintenance of the Towpath Trail.
Ages 13 and up: $5 per person
Ages 12 and under: Free
Register for the 5-mile hike, the hike begins at 10 a.m.: https://web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/ohmetroparkstoledowt.wsc/search.html?module=AR&fmid=6300913
Register for the 10-mile hike, the hike begins at 8:30 a.m.: https://web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/ohmetroparkstoledowt.wsc/search.html?module=AR&fmid=6300906
The event continues until 2 p.m.
13801 South River Road
Grand Rapids, OH 43522
More Event Ideas
- More Nature Events
- Thursday, Feb 27, 11:30 AM
- Tea & Talk Series: Peanut Butter & Marmalade: 50 Years of Health & wellness at Wood County Historical Center & MuseumThursday, Nov 12, 2:00 PM
- Thursday, Apr 30, 7:00 AM
- More Events on February 22, 2020
- Saturday, Feb 22, 4:30 PM
- Saturday, Feb 22, 8:00 PM
- BGSU Ice Hockey vs Ferris State - Senior Night / SICSIC Unmasking / 50th Anniversary at Bowling Green State UniversitySaturday, Feb 22, 7:07 PM